Over time, the accumulation of dirt and oil can darken the surface of your wood furniture. How to clean wood furniture without pledge? Read the easy tip below.
You have beautiful wooden furniture. But now your furniture looks old. And, you don’t know how to clean wood furniture without pledge.
The proper cleaning not only re-new the furniture but also helps increase the durability of your favorite items.
Our homemade cleaning solution is easy to do, affordable, and extremely effective. Here, let’s figure it out!
How To Clean Wood Furniture Without Pledge?
We have tested and designed an all-natural cleansing formula, free from any harmful chemicals.
This solution is the best method to clean wood furniture without pledge and safe for your home’s wood.
What We Need
1) A cup of olive oil
2) ¼ cup white vinegar
3) Essential oil (optional)
We usually add 3 to 4 drops of lemon or orange or grapefruit essential oil and blend everything. Then, the cleaning solution will smell fresh.
4) A spray bottle
5) A lint-free or microfiber towel
6) A small paintbrush or your old toothbrush
What We Do
1) Put all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake it well.
2) Spray the mixture on a lint-free or microfiber towel and apply to furniture. It would help if you wiped the cleaning solution in the direction of the wood grain.
For added sparkle, spray the solution directly onto wooden furniture and wipe it off with a clean cloth.
3) Use a small paintbrush or an old toothbrush to apply to intricately carved areas.
4) Dry all surfaces with another clean towel.
If you do not use up the cleaning solution, you can store it in a cold, dark environment in the refrigerator so that the oil does not become rancid. The maximum you can only use is within one month.
Other Tips For Maintaining The Shiny Wood Furniture
The shiny wood furniture is the result of careful use and maintenance. By applying these maintenance tips below, your odds will be in good condition for a long time.
1) You should identify and understand the type of wood finish you have. There are many types of wood furniture. They all need to be cleaned in different ways with a suitable cleaning solution.
2) Refer to the instructions for proper care or see the manufacturer’s website for tips.
3) Protect your wooden furniture from direct sunlight, and minimize sun exposure.
4) Avoid leaving wood furniture in humid places. High-humidity environments may cause the crack.
5) Do not place a wooden item on the radiator or next to a heater. Changing temperatures can damage the wood, warp, or crack.
6) Protect wood furniture from water and other liquids, such as alcohol, food, or cosmetics. It may cause a stain.
7) Avoid using too hot and too cold objects on wooden furniture for better maintenance.
8) Clean the wooden furniture twice per year.
Every day, we see the wood furniture in our house become dirty, oily, or stained by many factors. Now you can make your all-natural cleaning solution to make your furniture look like new.
Our homemade spray recipe is the answer to your wonder, “how to clean wood furniture without pledge”.
Finally, you won’t need to perform time-consuming cleaning tasks by using wood furniture wisely and carefully